Secure a mortgage with plentiful benefits.
Low down payment
Fixed interest rate available at market rates
One-time 1.5 percent fee paid by the borrower at closing
Section 184 loans are insured through the Office of Native American Programs of HUD and are available for members of approved Native American tribes. These loans require smaller down payments as well as income and financial requirements similar to FHA.
HUD Section 184 Advantages
Section 184 loans offer many advantages including:
- Low down payment: 2.25 percent on loans of more than $50,000 and only 1.25 percent on loans of less than $50,000.
- Fixed interest rate available at market rates.
- A one-time 1.5 percent fee is paid by the borrower at closing and can be financed into the loan. In addition, loans with a loan to value of 78% percent or greater will be subject to an annual 0.25 percent mortgage insurance premium.
HUD Section 184 Eligibility
In order to qualify for this benefit program, you must be a Native American/American Indian in the process of buying a home that will be your primary residence. You or your family member(s) must also be enrolled in a federally recognized American Indian tribe or Alaska Native village. Other requirements include:
- Only single-family homes (with 1-4 units) are eligible for Section 184 program.
- Your loan must be a fixed-rate for 30 years or less.
- ARM loans are not eligible.
Get Pre-Qualified For A HUD Section 184 Mortgage
With flexible options, program expertise and superior service, we’ll work with you from application to close to ensure a smooth loan process and create a loan program that meets your financial needs and goals. Get started today.